Posts

Showing posts from July, 2020

MyPaint Brush Engine Phase #2 Report

Image
This is the last week before the phase 2 in Google Summer Code ends. This phase my area of focus was the preset editor, which would enable the user for modifying existing and creating new MyPaint brushes. I went on to extend the same than the one mentioned in my proposal to include more diverse variety of options and settings so that the editor gives us the provision to make much larger scale of changes and exercise complete customization control over the brush engine. It later on became a bit more complicated than I had expected it to be initially which led to a lot of bugs and crashes. It works fine now, mostly:) There is still one last bug that I need to eliminate, though.


Overall, this was a good month :)

Week #6 Progress [MyPaint Engine]

Image
Last week my prime focus was to add more and more settings in the preset editor and so as to make mypaint brushes a bit more customizable. I used KisCurveOptionWidget class which Krita already has and modified it so that it can accomodate the settings and dynamic mypaint brush options. This went on to become a lot more complicated than I anticipated. Although, it works fine there are still a lot of bugs and finishing required to mark this as complete.

 This is the layout of how the preset editor looks like and it is still far from complete. I need to categorise all the settings in the form of a tree view. I am also quite sceptical about the way of handling mypaint settings internally. I will check if that is right or some alternative approach would be a better fit and make the required changes. I will look at all those things this week. If everything goes fine this would be complete by this week's end.
Till then, Good Bye :)

Week #5 Status Report [Preset Editor MyPaint Engine]

Image
The second month of Google Summer of Code has been started. This month my prime focus would be to improve the mypaint brush engine, fix some issues and also I aim to add a better preset editor than the one provided by other painting applications.
Last week I worked solely on the preset editor for the newly available MyPaint brush engine in Krita.
This was in accordance to the mockup as was presented in the proposal and contained only the very basic 3-4 settings for the engine. All most all of the applications with MyPaint integration just provide some 3-4 basic settings for the engine. Though the library does provide api to add all of the mentioned settings.

This week I will look at how shall I add more settings and customization options to it. I have some thing like this in mind. Though as per the standard procedure will discuss it with Boud first.

This week I shall focus on this and will try to add as much settings as possible in the widget.
Till then, Good Bye :)